Type: All Grain
Batch Size: 5.75 gal
Boil Size: 6.79 gal
Boil Time: 60 min
End of Boil Vol: 5.99 gal
Final Bottling Vol: 5.25 gal
Fermentation: Ale, Single Stage
Date: 04 Mar 2020
Brewer: Mike Young
Asst Brewer:
Equipment: My Equipment
Efficiency: 82.00 %
Est Mash Efficiency: 82.0 %
Taste Rating: 30.0
Taste Notes:
Amt Name Type # %/IBU
9 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) (1.8 SRM) Grain 1 81.8 %
1 lbs Caramel/Crystal Malt - 20L (20.0 SRM) Grain 2 9.1 %
8.0 oz Oats, Flaked (1.0 SRM) Grain 3 4.5 %
8.0 oz Special B Malt (180.0 SRM) Grain 4 4.5 %
1.00 oz Belma [7.00 %] - Boil 45.0 min Hop 5 21.6 IBUs
1.0 pkg Roselare Belgian Blend (Wyeast Labs #3763) [124.21 ml] Yeast 6 -

Gravity, Alcohol Content and Color

Est Original Gravity: 1.056 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.014 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 5.5 %
Bitterness: 21.6 IBUs
Est Color: 12.4 SRM
Measured Original Gravity: 1.056 SG
Measured Final Gravity: 1.010 SG
Actual Alcohol by Vol: 6.0 %
Calories: 185.8 kcal/12oz

Mash Profile

Mash Name: Single Infusion, Full Body, Batch Sparge
Sparge Water: 4.11 gal
Sparge Temperature: 168.0 F
Adjust Temp for Equipment: FALSE
Est Mash PH: 5.55
Measured Mash PH: 5.20
Total Grain Weight: 11 lbs
Grain Temperature: 72.0 F
Tun Temperature: 72.0 F
Target Mash PH: 5.20
Mash Acid Addition:
Sparge Acid Addition:
Mash Steps
Name Description Step Temperature Step Time
Mash In Add 16.00 qt of water at 168.8 F 158.0 F 45 min

Sparge: Batch sparge with 3 steps (Drain mash tun , 2.05gal, 2.05gal) of 168.0 F water
Mash Notes: Simple single infusion mash for use with most modern well modified grains (about 95% of the time).

Carbonation and Storage

Carbonation Type: Keg
Pressure/Weight: 12.54 PSI
Keg/Bottling Temperature: 45.0 F
Fermentation: Ale, Single Stage
Volumes of CO2: 2.3
Carbonation Est: Keg with 12.54 PSI
Carbonation (from Meas Vol): Keg with 12.54 PSI
Age for: 30.00 days
Storage Temperature: 65.0 F


3/4/2020 - Brew Day - Mashed around 156-158 for 30 minutes. I noticed the Roselair blend I had was manufactured in August of 2019, but I decided to pitch it anyway and see what happened. I ended up using my mixing drill attachment to add some additional air and rouse the yeast the following day, and then I noticed strong airlock activity when coming back from a trip a couple days later, so I think it will be fine. Going to let this one ferment and age a month or so in primary before racking to secondary and maybe adding some oak and harvesting the yeast cake for future batches.

Created with BeerSmith